Module 4 – Phase 1: Scientific foundations of care-based research (funding provider German Federal Ministry for Education and Research)
Funding for projects in the framework of three thematic fields was applied for, the benefits of which are at the direct forefront of an implementation by the social insurance carriers. This includes, where applicable, projects which focus on essential methodological or theoretical questions of care-based research.
In particular, on the basis of specified deficits or with the help of needs analyses, new approaches for the empowerment of persons with chronic diseases, for patient information and for structural anchoring of patient orientation are developed and tested in a first application.
Additionally, the further development of methods for measuring the effectiveness and sustainability of measures and structures of a participatory arrangement of care are strived for.
- The patient-treatment-provider communication in the chronically ill: Sex- and age-specific preferences of male and female patients (PaBeKo project)
- Development, psychometric testing and implementation of an ICF-oriented instrument for measuring activities and participation in patients with mental illnesses
- Development and testing of the psychometric properties of a standardised procedure for measuring empowerment in the process of the psychiatric treatment of patients with affective and schizophrenic disorders
- Outcome measurement in medical rehabilitation: Comparison of different methods of outcome measurement using data sets from the rehabilitation sciences and cognitive interviews about change items
- Health competence of diabetics of Turkish origin depending on course of illness, care concept, socioeconomic status and integration
- Use of a supportive, telephone-based counselling system in the general practitioner's care of chronically ill persons using the example of patients with type 2 diabetes
- Patient-oriented intervention on lifestyle modification in CHD – Subjective concepts regarding contents, methods and setting of sustainable secondary prevention in everyday life (PoInts)
- Patient-oriented change measurement: Health evaluations and the assessment of the participation relevance of treatment effects by chronically ill persons (POEM project)
- Patient preferences regarding information on effects and side effects... "the patient might have died before he manages to read to the end of the package insert"
- "PrefCheck": Patient-centred treatment planning with older patients
- Quality concept "self-help-friendly hospital" as an approach of patient-oriented, participatory care arrangement: Development and testing of evaluation instruments for the cooperation between patients and hospitals
- Translation, adaptation and validation of the "heiQ" (Health Education Impact Questionnaire) - a generic instrument for evaluating patient training and self-management programs
- Validation and standardisation of the questionnaire on shared decision making (SDM-Q-9)
- Collaborative research project "RESPECT" – Respect for advance decisions and preferences in the case of illness and death. Controlled intervention study on the process- and system-oriented implementation of patients' advance decisions in old people's homes and the relevant care structures of a model region
POEM - Farin >